Dr. Henry Departs

This year Masters is saying goodbye to a man of many positions. From teaching English 9 and American Studies to mountain biking and leading the junior Water Project, Dr. Alvin Henry did it all. Next year Henry will be teaching English and American Literature at Middlebury College in Middlebury, Vermont. “I am worried about how I’m going to make it to school in all the snow Vermont has!” Henry said. 

Not only has Henry taught the Masters community a great deal, but so has Masters taught Henry. “I’m delighted I learned how to deal with the “giggle monster” this year.” Henry joked about his nick-name for students that couldn’t stop laughing during class. “I was also thrilled to have had been part of the Water Project and mountain biking in our community.”    

“Dr. Henry was honestly such an amazing teacher that genuinely cared about us all. I’ll always look up to him.” Emma Rubinson, freshman, said. Again not only did his students love his teaching styles and sassy remarks but also they loved the many treats and pastries he made for his classes. “He’s the only teacher I’ve had that has actually took time to bake food for us when we’re either stressed or upset,” freshman James Clay said. 

To sum up his experience at Masters, Henry simply smiled and said one word: “Wonderful.” His students will always remember him for his demand of “textual evidence,” sassy remarks, baking skills and overall being one of the best teachers they’ve had.