Lydia Ettinger

Students Grace Maher, Karina Mangru and Taylor Marlowe learning how to do CPR on an infant

CPR and First Aid students certify Winter Mission a success

CPR and First Aid were offered to Masters Students interested in getting certified this past Winter Mission Cycle.

CPR and First Aid were offered to Masters Students interested in getting certified this past Winter Mission Cycle. This introduction from Kayla Medina and Mikelle Sacco into the medical field proved to be extremely useful,  especially for students who plan to work this summer. 

Freshman, Caleb Grashiem, said, “When I come back to sleepaway camp as a lifeguard I want to have some former training so I am 100 percent able to take care of campers and also it’s just good in life situations to be certified.” 

Enthusiasm coming from students like Grasheim drove the class towards a positive direction according to Kayla Medina, Head Athletic Trainer/Health Teacher and one of the head teachers in this course. 

She said, “I was really appreciative that all the students we had in class were very focused. For the long periods of time we were learning, they had all sorts of really great questions about different procedures and different illnesses, different things they experienced before.” Although Medina said the WinterMission was successful, she also hopes to improve it for the upcoming year. She said, “Next year we may have to take out a few things that we added in, just so we have more time for skill practicing because I felt we were a little bit rushed towards the end.”

Tower • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in