The student-run news site of The Masters School

Tower

Tower

Tower

Entering the spring season in stride
Entering the spring season in stride
Adam Bello, Lead Sports Editor • April 25, 2024

The Masters School track team came out victorious in their season-opening home meet. The team showcased their skill on the track breaking multiple...

Varsity swim team battles in meet against GCDS and Hamden Hall

Eunice Wang
A student dives into Masters swimming pool in the team’s first home meet of the winter season.

January 6. The Masters Boys Varsity Swim Team hosted a thrilling tri-school match against Hamden Hall and Greenwich Country Day School as their first home meet of the season. The competitive meet ended with Greenwich Country Day School securing the win. Despite the palpable nerves in the air, each athlete swam their best, demonstrating all the hard work they have put into this season.

In a standout performance, senior Demo Hong won both first places in the 50-yard freestyle with a record of 22.7 seconds and the 100-yard butterfly stroke in an impressive 54 seconds. He said, “What I felt when I swam? No feelings, ‘cause I win every time.”

Coach Rachel Noach commended the team’s rigorous training, stating, “Everyone trained very hard… it was the first meet for the boys and everyone showed up, everyone was cheering, and they did a really good job.”

The camaraderie among team members was evident, with enthusiastic cheers and applause filling the sidelines as each teammate swam. While the ultimate victory eluded Masters this time, the competition showcased the collective effort poured into the season.

Junior Jeremy Li captured the mix of emotions, saying, “It’s exciting, but we are very nervous… and we are nervous because it is competitive.”

The dedication and spirit displayed by the Masters Varsity Boys Swim Team set a promising tone for the rest of the season.

Sophomore Mark He said, “We can always beat ourselves, be our better selves.”