Masters website to be updated September 2014

Tyler Jarecki, Sports Editor

Masters faculty, students, and parents, finally your prayers have been answered. Yes, it is true, we will have a completely new website by the start of school next year.

The whole purpose of the redesign is to bring the site up to date, and make it more user friendly. On Apr. 29 , the team designing the site met with parents, students and faculty to voice their frustrations. A concerned parent (who asked to remain anonymous) said, “I don’t like the Masters websites design at all, I believe it is problematic for the parents, I think it is problematic for the faculty, and most of all I believe it is problematic for the students.

Sophomore Andrew Ciacci said, “I believe the site is outdated and lacks new content. I think that it is extremely slow and that some of the data on the site is incorrect. Masters is such a great school, and believe that the website does not portray that.”

Director of Communications, Bob Horne, said, “We’ve known for a while that it was time to redo the overall website. Our goal is for the site to a more vibrant representation of Masters, both its programs and culture. We also want the site to be more user friendly, better organized and with easier access to relevant information for both prospective and current families. We felt that the timing is right as the site is getting dated, and Masters is in the process of rolling out its refreshed branding.”

Horne says the changes will include the activation of an alumni portal, more video content, fresher templates, a Google map feature and an alert feature for class information as well as athletic information. Another goal is to be able to access NetClassroom from the portal, so students do not have to use two seperate usernames and passwords to receive their report cards and progress reports.