The student-run news site of The Masters School

Tower

Tower

Tower

Speaker Mike Johnson, giving a speech at the Republican Jewish Coalition.
Eye on the Prize: Part 4
Mason Dwek, TBN News Director • April 10, 2024

Step 4: Collaborate with Speaker Mike Johnson On October 25, 2023, history was made when, for the first time, a second Speaker of the House...

Halloween highlights: a look at some of this year’s best costumes

History and Religions teachers Ellen Cowhey and Matt Ives dressed as country music icons Dolly Parton and Willie Nelson, to go with their department’s theme, country.

Sam Navin ‘24 and Christina Moore ‘24 dressed as music industry icon Taylor Swift and Kansas City Chiefs player Travis Kelce, respectively.

Eighth grader Indigo Asseo dressed as the Duolingo mascot, Duo, with a sign that read “Spanish or vanish.” She said, “I think Duolingo is really funny and I like Duolingo.”

Sam Haas ‘27 (left) and Zach Stewart ‘27 (right) sported onesies of Perry the Platypus and a Care Bear. Stewart said of his costume, “It’s such a tough fit that I couldn’t pass it up.”

In keeping with his department’s theme of psychedelic rock, visual arts teacher Luke Wilde donned a psychedelic hippie costume.

Twelfth graders Henry Hubner and Connor Toporoff-Richman wore matching onesies of Snorlax from the Pokemon video games. 

As homage to his German roots, Konstantin Miebach ‘24 donned lederhosen, traditional leather breeches worn by men in Austria, Upper Bavaria and South Tyrol.

Due to inflation, this was Spencer Roberson ‘24’s Halloween costume.