The student-run news site of The Masters School

Tower

Tower

Tower

The varsity girls lacrosse team celebrates together on the field.
Commitment is key: girls lacrosse’s spring transformation
Ayalah Spratt and Ayanna BeckettMay 1, 2024

As this year’s hopefuls filed onto the field for girls’ lacrosse tryouts, Coach Alexis DiDomenico couldn’t believe her eyes. Over 50 girls...

Entering the spring season in stride

The Masters School track team came out victorious in their season-opening home meet. The team showcased their skill on the track breaking multiple personal records and showing the community that they had picked up where they left off from this winter season. 

The winter track team had a massively successful season and received support from all across campus. They placed 18th in Nike Nations for the performance of their Boys 4×400 runners: Jake Mason ‘24, Brian Wolfson ‘25, Charlie Milward ‘24, and Nick Moutsatsos ‘25. This victory was not only be- cause of individual excellence but can also be attributed to the collective efforts of both athletes and coaches. 

Charlie Milward, 4×4 team member and team co-captain, said, “Going to nationals was an amazing experience. It was great running with some of the best high school athletes from across the country and getting to showcase what our team has worked so hard for for months.” 

Co-captain and senior Emmanuel Harris also chimed in by saying, “ The hard work and determination of our team from the winter season to now, the spring season, has been amazing to be a part of. Not only has our team been closer than ever, but we have also been more successful and have a great chance at winning a Championship this spring season.” 

As the team looks to take on new challenges in the spring season, they are keeping the same approach and mentality in everything they do. Harris says, “Even though we were happy with our winter season success we are hungry for more. Our team is extreme- ly supportive of each other and motivated to win even as a team and as individuals.” Coach Ian Mook commented on the team’s mentality saying, “Our individuals are elevated and do better because we always have at least 10 other people propping them up. There’s a saying in the running community which is ‘If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together. In the past, I think we have often had individuals that go very fast on their own and now we are a program that is going far because we are together. ”