Tower Broadcast News #1

Logan Schiciano, New Ventures Editor

On today’s show…

Student’s welcomed back to campus: Though students learned remotely through the month of September, there were still several opportunities to connect with classmates and teachers on campus during grade-wide picnics and the new student orientation. At these events, safety measures have been implemented to reduce risk including a mask requirement, circles on the grass to keep students socially distanced while eating, and a health pre-screen which must be filled out prior to arrival.

Fall sports reimagined during virtual start: Athletes are making the best of the situation, finding ways to bond with teammates over Zoom and staying in-shape with the hope of playing interscholastic athletics at some point this season.

We’ve had themed practices – one practice everyone wore their bat-mitzvah dresses or prom dresses and we pranked our coach.

— Francesca Mann

Diversity Ambassadors Panel: Seniors Shamira Guillaume and Vianny Lara along with junior Madison Blake sit down anchor Logan Schiciano to discuss the administration’s response to the @blackattms Instagram account that shed light on incidents of racism and bias occurring at Masters over the years.

College and COVID-19: Colleges and universities across the country are all taking different approaches to containing the coronavirus. Masters alums share their experiences.

A lot of students’ mentality switched from, ‘I don’t want to get it,’ to, ‘I want to get it. I want to get it over with.

— Sofia Benson '20

Advice for Reopening: Rye Country Day School Student Body President Liam Bieber and Director of Health and Wellness Priya Singhvi talk with Logan about RCDS’s return to in-person learning and give advice to members of the Masters community, many of whom will to return to campus on October 5.

Tower Broadcast News (TBN) is The Masters School’s student-run broadcast. This is the first ever episode of TBN. Feedback is welcomed and if you’re interested in getting involved you can speak to producer Logan Schiciano or email him at Logan.schiciano@mastersny.org