Sophomore MISH Carnival for CAMFED

Tyler Conway, Web Editor

This year’s sophomore MISH representatives are going to the circus for their grade’s project. The sophomores will be hosting a carnival for the student body, and the proceeds are going to CAMFED, an organization that aids women and children who have past experiences with issues such as domestic abuse. CAMFED is based in sub-Saharan Africa, and has been educating women and girls with a history of domestic abuse issues since 1993. Community involvement is one of the many hallmarks of an end-of-year MISH event. When asked about community involvement and the roles the sophomores will play in the upcoming carnival, sophomore MISH rep, Brian Margolis commented, “We made different committees so the entire sophomore grade can be involved. There is a planning committee that kind of oversees all the others activities, tickets which takes care of admissions, music and vending, which is in charge of food.” Margolis added, “The other MISH reps, Gabi, Olivia, Jacob and I have been working very hard with Mr. Carnevale to make sure the Carnival is a success and maybe something that can be done again in the future.”

Weather permitting, the carnival will take place after school on Friday, May 4. In the event that it rains on May 4, the carnival will likely take place in one of the gyms. The carnival will include a bouncy castle, face painting and dunk tank featuring Head of the Upper School Matthew Ives and Dean of Students Peter Newcomb. The sophomore MISH reps, along with the rest of the MISH organization encourage participation from the Upper School and look forward to trying something new this year.