Representatives of Masters Students Range Across Nation

Wikipedia

The United States Congress in session; many of these congresspeople are currently representing Masters Students.

Eli Emery, Sports Design Editor

Adriano Espaillat (D-NY 13): Represents 7 students as a member of the U.S. House Foreign Affairs Committee, House Committee on Education and the Workforce, and House Select Committee on Small Business.

Albio Sires (D-NJ 8): Represents 3 students as a member of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs and the House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortes (D-NY 14): Represents 2 students.

Andy Barr (R-KY 6): Represents 1 student as a member of the Committee on Financial Services and the Republican Study Committee.

Bill Pascrell JR. (D-NJ 9): Represents 7 students on the House Ways and Means Committee, and is the chair of the Ways and Means Subcommittee on Trade.

Bob Gibbs (R-OH 7): Represents 1 student on the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee as well as the Agriculture Committee.

Bonnie Watson Coleman (D-NJ 12): Represents 2 students and currently serves on the Committee on Homeland Security, and is the chair of the Subcommittee on Transportation and Protective Security, in addition to serving on the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.

Brian J. Mast (R-FL 18): Represents 1 student and serves on the Transportation & Infrastructure Committee, The Veterans Affairs Committee, and the The Foreign Affairs Committee.

Carolyn B. Maloney (D-NY 12): Represents 9 students and serves as chair of the Joint Economic Committee, on the House Committee on Financial Services, including as chair of the Subcommittee on Capital Markets, Securities, and Investment, and on the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.

Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL 23): Represents 1 student and serves on the House Committee on Appropriations, including as the chair of the Subcommittee on Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies  and House Committee on the Budget.

Donald M. Payne Jr. (D-NJ 10): Represents 4 students and serves on the Committee on Homeland Security, as the chair of the Subcommittee on Emergency Preparedness, Response, and Communications, and on the House Committee on Transportation & Infrastructure.

Earl Blumenauer (D-OR 3): Represents 1 student and serves on the Ways and Means Committee.

Eliot L. Engel (D-NY 16): Represents 120 students and serves as the chair of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, as well as serving on the  Energy and Commerce Committee.

Gil Cisneros (D-CA 39): Represents 1 student.

Grace Meng (D-NY 6): Represents 1 student, and serves on the House Appropriations Committee.

Hakeem S. Jeffries (D-NY 8): Represents 1 student, and serves on the Judiciary Committee and the Budget Committee. He is the chairman of the House Democratic Caucus.

James A. Himes (D-CT 4): Represents 16 students, and serves on the Financial Services Committee and the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence.

Jennifer Wexton (D-VA 10): Represents 1 student.

Jerrold Nadler (D-NY 10): Represents 20 students, and serves on the Judiciary Committee, including chairing the Subcommittee on Courts, Intellectual Property and the Internet, as well as Transportation and Infrastructure Committee.

Joe Courtney (D-CT 2) Represents 1 student, and serves on the House Armed Services Committee, chairing the Seapower and Projection Forces subcommittee, in addition to serving on the House Education and Workforce Committee.

Joe Cunningham (D-SC 1): Represents 1 student.

Jose E. Serrano (D-NY 15): Represents 3 students, and serves on the Committee on Appropriations, including as the chair of the Subcommittee on Financial Services and General Government.

Josh Gottheimer (D-NJ 5): Represents 4 students, and serves on the House Financial Services Committee.

Katherine M. Clark (D-MA 5): Represents 1 student, and serves on the House Committee on Appropriations and the Democratic Steering and Policy Committee.

Lois Frankel (D-FL 21) : Represents 1 student, and serves on the House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure, as well as the House Committee on Foreign Affairs.

Mikie Sherrill (D-NJ 11): Represents 2 students.

Nancy Pelosi (D-CA 12): Represents 1 student, and serves as Speaker of the House of Representatives.

Nita M. Lowey (D-NY 17): Represents 161 students. Masters is located in her district. She chairs the House Appropriations Committee, and also serves on the Select Committee on Homeland Security.

Peter Welch (D-VT AL): Represents 1 student, and serves on the Committee on Energy and Commerce, Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, and House Democratic Steering and Policy Committee.

Robert C. “Bobby” Scott (D-VA 3): Represents 1 student, and chairs the Committee on Education and the Workforce, as well as serving on the Joint Select Committee on Solvency of Multiemployer Pension Plans​.

Scott R. Tipton (R-CO 3): Represents 1 student, and serves on the House Committee on Financial Services and House Natural Resources Committee.

Sean Patrick Maloney (D-NY 18): Represents 40 students, and serves on the House Agriculture Committee and the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee.

Steny H. Hoyer (D-MD 5): Represents 1 student and serves as the House Majority Leader.

Ted Lieu (D-CA 33): Represents 1 student and serves on the House Committee on the Judiciary, and on the House Committee on Foreign Affairs.

Tom Emmer (R-MN 6): Represents 1 student, and serves on the House Committee on Financial Services.

Yvette D. Clarke (D-NY 9): Represents 1 student and serves on the Energy and Commerce Committee and the Small Business Committee.