Boys Varsity Soccer prevails in the FAA championship

Mark Tseytin/TOWER

The Boys Varsity Soccer team kneels as they watch their teammates shoot penalty kicks.

Mark Tseytin, Sports Editor

On Sat. Nov 12, Masters Boys Varsity Soccer took on Greens Farms Academy in the Fairchester Athletic Association (FAA) championship game. The game was long and the score remained tied at 0 for its entirety until the penalty kicks came. During the penalty kicks, Masters’ stayed confident in their abilities, and with teamwork and diligence; they were able to pull out with the victory. The first few rounds of the penalty kicks went in GFA’s favor with them taking a 1-0 lead. However, when sophomore Andy Lomeli missed his shot due to a miss fire, instead of conceding more goals, Masters came together like never before to bounce back. After the miss, sophomore Kachukwu Ugochukwu ran up to Lomeli to help him get back to his feet and back to the team. Masters then prevailed with a 4-2 win in the penalty kicks, giving them the crown of FAA Champions. The resilience Masters showed was noteworthy, and now the team gets set to take on Vermont Academy in the prestigious NEPSAC tournament, in Easthampton, MA, this coming Wednesday.